Baggage, including overnight bags, briefcases, personal computers, ladies' vanity cases, large size cameras etc. taken into the cabin as cabin baggage is subject to the following conditions when travelling on Regional Express:
- one briefcase or one small bag, not exceeding: depth 23cm (9in), height 34cm (13in), length 48cm (19in)
- one suitpack or one garment bag, (non - rigid frame/unfolded), not exceeding: thickness 11cm (4in), width 60cm (24in), length 114cm (45in) or two briefcases,
- two small bags, each not exceeding: depth 23cm (9in), height 34cm (13in), length 48cm (19in).
Cabin baggage should not exceed 7kg in weight.
Wheelchairs and infants' carry baskets (these items will be stowed in the aircraft hold)
Items which exceed these allowances are not permitted into the aircraft cabin.
The following articles may be carried on board the plane by a passenger, over and above their carry on baggage allowance.
- A lady's handbag, pocketbook or purse, which is appropriate to normal travelling dress and is not being used as a container for the transportation of articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage;
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket;
- An umbrella or walking stick;
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars;
- A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight;
- Infant's food for consumption in flight;
- A pair of crutches and/or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use provided that the passenger is dependent upon them.
Passengers have the following checked baggage limits:
- Economy Class Passengers : 1 item, 15kg or 140cm in linear dimensions (sum of length, breath and height of item)
- Infants (not occupying a seat) : 1 item, 10Kgs and any 2 of the following items may be carried free of charge for each traveling infant:
b. Carry Basket
c. Car Seat
Manual wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs, crutches and/or prosthetics for which passengers depend upon for mobility, are NOT included in the checked baggage allowance limitations.
NOTE TO ALL ADELAIDE TRAVELLERS: Adelaide Airport Limited has advised that, with the exception of guide & hearing dogs, all animals must be lodged with AAE (Australian Air Express) and travel as cargo in the new terminal.
In general, an excess baggage fee of $3.30 (incl gst)will be levied for each additional kg in excess of the 15kg limit or $15 per piece if size exceeds linear dimension limits (as above).
Excess Baggage ¡V International Connecting Passengers
- The baggage allowance is 20kg regardless of the class of travel. International baggage (all classes of travel) in excess of 20kg is subject to excess charges of $3.30 (incl gst) per kg.
- Baggage in excess of 32kg will be consigned as air freight.
- International connecting bags will have a special priority tag to identify them as international bags. Rex
however cannot guarantee the carriage on the same flight as the passenger of excess International
- Passengers must present the Rex check in staff with a copy of their international ticket and itinerary before
their bags are given the international baggage tag.
- The Domestic passenger checked in baggage allowance is 15kgs, with excess baggage subject to the same charges
as international passengers. Domestic Excess baggage will be off loaded first where there are weight constraints.
The maximum size and weight per piece of baggage that can be accepted at our customer terminals:
- Size – 158 linear cm (Depth plus Height plus Length)
Weight - 32kg
For more information on Excess Baggage go to
For addition information regarding baggage please contact 13 17 13
Choose City flights: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Gold Coast, Coolangatta, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, Sunshine Coast, Sydney, Airlie Beach, Albany, Albury, Alice Springs, Armidale, Avalon, Ayers Rock, Ayr Au, Bairnsdale, Ballina, Bamaga, Bankstown, Bathurst Island, Bathurst, Biloela, Blackwater, Borroloola, Bourke, Brewarina, Broken Hill, Broome, Bunbury, Bundaberg, Burnie, Busselton, Carnavon, Casino, Ceduna, Cessnock, Charleville, Clermont, Cloncurry, Cobar, Cairns, Collinsville, Coober Pedy, Coffs Harbour, Colac, Collinsville, Cooinda, Cooktown, Dubbo, Dunk Island, Echuca, Emerald, Esperance, Exmouth Gulf, Forster, Fremantle, Geelong, Geraldton, Gladstone, Glen Innes, Goondiwindi, Gove, Grafton, Griffith, Gunnedah, Gympie, Hamilton Island, Hayman Island, Hervey Bay, Horn Island, Invernell, Jabiru, Kalgoorlie, Karratha, Katherine, Kempsey, King Island, Kings Canyon, Kingscote, Kununurra, Launceston, Laverton, Learmonth, Leeton, Leinster, Leonora, Lightning ridge,Lismore, Long Island, Longreach, Lord Howe Island, Mackay, Maitland, Margaret River Station, Margaret River, Maroochydore, Maryborough, Meekathara, Merimbula, Middlemount, Mildura, Monto, Moorabbin, Moree, Moruya, Mount Gambier, Mount Hotham, Mount Isa, Mount Magnet, Mount Newman, Mudgee, Narrabri, Narrandera, Newcastle, Noosa, Norfolk Island, Norseman, Nowra, Nullabor, Nyngan, Olympic Dam, Orange, Orpheus Island, Paraburdoo, Parkes, Port Augusta, Port Douglas, Port Hedland, Port Lincoln, Port Pirie, Portland, Proserpine, Pt Macvquarie, Queenstown, Quilpie, Quirindi, Renmark, Rockhampton, Roma, Rottnest, Sale, Scone, Shepparton, Shute Harbour, South Molle, Singleton, St George, St Helens, Stanthorpe, Strahan, Swan Hill, Tamworth, Taree, Tennant Creek, Thangool, Thursday Island, Tocurnwal, Tom Price, Toowoomba, Townsville, Traralgon, Useless Loop, Wagga Wagga, Wangaratta, Warnambool, Warwick, Wee Waa, Weipa, Welshpool, Whyalla, Windorah, Wollongong, Wyndham, Yandicoogina, Young,